This property is a large Grade II-listed house with extensive gardens leading directly to the beach, located on a private estate in West Sussex.
Designed in the late 1960s by Patrick Gwynne – one of the most important and remarkable British architects of the 20th century – this property is a rare example of a significant Modern house beside the sea.
The house is in outstanding original condition and benefits from five bedrooms and a large living room with a balcony, as well as a swimming pool and pool complex also designed by Gwynne. The house centres around an impressive central wood-panelled spiral staircase with a glass-domed roof. Throughout the house there are examples of Gwynne’s renowned attention to interior detail.
Entering the property via the porch you'll find the house's five bedrooms and three bathrooms, including a master bedroom with an en-suite. A spiral staircase leads you to the living areas.
Head up the spiral staircase to the large first-floor reception room with sea views; a separate dining room, also with sea views; a fully equipped kitchen.
- Built in double oven and hob
- Built in fridge/freezer
- Kettle and toaster
- Bean to cup coffee machine
- Excellent range of crockery, with everything from champagne flutes to children’s plastic bowls
- Complete range of utensils, from ice cream scoop to knife sharpener
- 42″ Sony Smart TV and Samsung Smart Blu-Ray player, including catchup TV (iPlayer, itv Player, 4od, Demand 5) and Netflix
- Bose Lifestyle stereo with CD player, and Bluetooth receiver so you can stream music from you smart phone, tablet or laptop
Pool House & Garden
Sun room looking out over the pool, with Bonzini table football table.
- Small kitchen with sink and fridge
- Changing room with WC and shower
Easy layouts for you to see.